Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Our Save The Date- Part II: DIY Boarding Passes

After I did the magnets, I needed to find (even though I already knew) where to put them in order to send them.

Remember I told you I liked the idea of boarding passes since the wedding is a destination affair for most of our guests? Well, I took that idea and ran with it.

This was my inspiration from http://www.ayleebits.com/ :


I created the three different "passes" designs in MS PowerPoint. I put our monogram and a traveling quote on the first one. The accommodations on the second, and left the 3rd one to attach the magnet.

I pasted all three on a MS Word page. I tried to use Kinko's printing services but for some reason, the design came out washed out on the paper. The same thing happened when I used my job printer too (sorry boss!) so I ended up using my home printer and it came out nicely... Though I am now running out of ink...

This is how they came out:


Above with a different magnet. I really liked that magnet but Mr.Chic and Sister Chouette didn't. They thought it was too simple... Below with the magnet you saw yesterday and we went with obviously. I use clear photo corner to secure the magnet on the boarding pass.


Anyways, I paid $11.99 for the pack of 250 67 lbs cardstock paper at Office Depot. (I didn't use all 250 sheets obviously; I am saving the rest for other DIY projects that are coming up.)

I bought the clear plastic photo corners at Michael's Craft Store for $4.99 (not necessary but I like the clean look of it)

Looking back, these were a major PITA. I couldn't use a paper cutter (or stack a few sheets before cutting) because of the rounds corners, so I had to use a scissor to hand cut each of the 120 x 3 passes. The great reactions we have gotten from our guests bring life back into my numb fingers .... But would I do this all over again? Not sure

Both Mr. Chic and I are getting phone calls with people asking if the tickets are valid. LOL!

Bisous,

10 commentaires:

My Dream Ring said...

They look awesome! You did a great job :)

Frugalista said...

Those are absolutely adorable!!! I love them. Your guests are going to be so tickled to get those in the mail. I wish I were more creative.

Ms. Chouette said...

Thanks you girls!!

Anonymous said...

damn! That's hot!

Brobin01

Ms. Chouette said...

Thanks B.

Ivonne said...

Hi! I so love your invite/save the date cards.... how did you do it exactly? Would you mind posting or emailing me your template? Thank you!
-2012 Bride to be.

Happy in red said...

Wow, these are fabulous! I am trying to make some myself with the template. But I can't quite figure ot out. How do you change the colour of all the items on the pass in Word or Power Point?
Esther! (esjodebeer(at)yahoo(dot)com

Lisa J said...

HiMrs Chic-these are adorable-are you able to send me your template, my email is thelillisa@hotmail.com
Thankyou

Lisa said...

thelillisa@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

This are absolutely amazing! I know this was awhile ago... but would you mind sending me your template? rhea.arianna@gmail.com...