Friday, May 21, 2010

Take a Sip

Since half of the people on our guest list don't drink ANY alcohol and most of them don't know much about mix drinks, I wanted to give them a cute little non alcoholic drink (Mocktail) that wouldn't be boring, and will give them an option outside of the regular sodas and juices. So we decided on doing a signature drink.

But I would be a bad hostess if I left my {heavy} drinkers out, so we decided to also do a signature cocktail as well

So if I want to keep in/with the wedding colors, I can do a Shirley Temple for a mocktail
and a Blue Hawaiian (not blue Hawaii- know the difference? lol) for the cocktail.

...but I think we will invert the glasses for service.

Thoughts?

And for those of you who want to give your non-drinker guests something interesting to have at the cocktail hour/reception, or those who are having a non-alcoholic reception, you can spice things up a little. Oh yeah, the mocktail is exactely the same price as a glass of soda or juice or water as far as our reception drink bill is concerned. Go figure!

Few other mocktails....
From left to right Strawberry Sparkler, Peachy Gingertini and Mango Kiwi Cooler from busy-mom.com. Yum!
(clockwise from middle back) – Enak Sling, Citrusy Slide, Cue Fresh and Sublime from foodstreer.com

Here is a link to a LONG list of mocktail recipes... Here is another link to another long list!

I hope this inspires someone in the blogsphere. Have a fabulous weekend!

Bisous,

6 commentaires:

Bicoastal Bride said...

Great ideas! I love the thought of including both a mocktail and a cocktail. Your guests will love them!

JIN said...

THAT'S SO GREAT THAT YOU'RE OFFERING A DRUNK WITH NO ALCOHOL...NOW NO ONE WILL FEEL LEFT OUT WITH COOL LOOKING DRINKS

Chocolate Lover said...

Great ideas! Thanks for sharing!

Mon petite Niche said...

okay these drinks are making me wanna leave work and go join the happy hour crowd down the street.

p.s
since wedding is fast approaching....I have only one TINY request....will there be a pic/shot of bride and groom in their best coupe decale pose?

JEM - Aqua Bride said...

The blue Hawaiian looks like something that i'd want for my wedding.

Melissa said...

It is great to hear that you want to include a mocktail for your non drinking guests. What a great way to give everyone an opportunity to have a "drink" whether it me alcoholic or non alcoholic.